Monday, January 22, 2018

Star Trek: Voyager


Robert Beltran, Robert Duncan McNeill, Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo, Jeri Ryan, Roxann Dawson, Ethan Phillips, Tim Russ, and Garrett Wang in Star Trek: Voyager (1995)

After finishing The Wire, I was a little lost as to what to watch next.  It's hard to pick a new show to watch when finished with one is as good as The Wire.  That said, I picked Star Trek: Voyager.  Like with other Star Trek series, I never watched this chronologically, so here we go!

In general, I believe I prefer serialized shows over episodic ones, which might be why I like DS9 so much.  That is how Voyager is from the outset, it seems.

Watching the first season now, I am reminded of my earlier thoughts about Harry Kim when I watched the show on TV years ago; he keeps getting screwed over!  Which sucks.  However, I do like seeing Captain Janeway in charge, and how it ties with DS9 but with the Maquis and the Starfleet crews having to work together rather than as enemies, and even The Doctor (medical hologram) tying back to the original doctor's visit to DS9.  Fun little tie-ins.

So far there have already been some fun and interesting episodes, while at the same time, the DW thinks that Voyager is more "physics-y."  Sounds good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment