Monday, February 27, 2017

The Sandman - Finished!

Just finished reading the Sandman comics, and in a word, WOW.  I would say that it is deepest set of graphic novels I've ever read.  It's a fantastic piece of story-telling, the artwork is stylized, but totally works for the story that it tells.  It's amazing how the stories tie together and the different perspectives play in to the larger story and the concept of dreams.  Some of it was literally difficult to read, parts of the narration was in cursive to portray a different narrator, which I'm way out of practice as far as easy reading. Nevertheless, this is a series that I will probably read again, because I'm sure I'll notice something different next time.

10/10 - will read again.  For now, I'll say goodbye to the Endless.

I've also started reading Saga.  Very different, but the story is amazing so far, with very interesting, modern-day themes.  Can't wait to read more, but I'm maxed out on my ebook borrowing for this month.  Thank goodness February is short!


No comments:

Post a Comment