Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Light Reading


So I just finished reading the graphic novel All-Star Superman, it was quite amazing.  I liked Superman growing up, but he was always just so overpowered.  I remember reading the "Death of Superman" and later getting the graphic novel with his return.  This takes a different view of Superman, setting him up as an ideal to live up to, a Renaissance man, highlighted by his new found vulnerability.  The artwork is good, but the story is what really stands out, I highly recommend it.  I'm going to try to borrow the DVD next.


Also, after hearing about it for so long, I've started reading Sandman by Neil Gaiman.  So far, I've finished the first 2 volumes and it is living up to all the hype.  Definitely recommend it as well, it's interesting because the setting is so much the polar opposite of All-Star Superman, which I was reading concurrently because of availability from the library.

On a side note, the Library has an agreement with Hoopla Digital, which is like a digital library.  It's awesome.  When I can't get the physical books, at least I can borrow them digitally.  I hope their service continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment